About the Role
The post holder will take full ownership of specified programmes of work and operational duties within ICT Services Business Unit. A major focus of the work will be the delivery of projects contributing to the Digital Transformation Strategy designed to reduce costs, improve efficiency, drive up quality and broaden accessibility and transform services.
Key corporate responsibilities
· To contribute fully, at the appropriate level, to the operations of the relevant Business Unit in order to achieve the objectives of the company’s Corporate and Operational Plans.
· To contribute fully, at the appropriate level, within the relevant Business Unit to:
(i) accountability and performance management framework;
(ii) risk management framework;
(iii) quality management framework; and
(iv) communications management framework
The post holder will ensure the compliance of self and, where appropriate, others with these frameworks such that they support the achievement of the company’s Corporate and Operational objectives.
· To assist the relevant line management, Business Unit Manager, Director and Executive Team (ET) in supporting the functions and responsibilities of the company and all of its committees.
· To ensure that they secure value for money from the resources available to it.
· To ensure, as appropriate to the level of the post, that they operate an effective and transparent system of decision-making which includes a robust challenge function at all levels.
· To contribute fully, as consistent with the scope of this role, to the full range of the Business Unit’s work in relation to ISO and IiP, taking ownership, where applicable, for formal documentation, policies, practices, procedures, records, reports and statistical information. The post holder will be required to identify measures and targets to develop meaningful approaches to benchmarking consistent with a culture of continuous improvement.
· To be responsible for maintaining records in accordance with the ISO Overview Procedure and to become familiar with records management practices and the implication of the Freedom of Information (FoI) and Data Protection (DP) Acts.
· To carry out any other duties, falling reasonably within the competence and capability of the post holder, to support the achievement of objectives as directed by line management, Business Unit Managers and Top Management Team.
The post holder will:
· provide leadership and direction in the software services technology to deliver ICT enabled business improvement across the company and ensure approved programmes of work are delivered on target, to budget and to the highest quality;
· provide professional support and technical project management advice to managers in the application of ICT based business solutions;
· lead the key function of business analysis and process review in key areas in order to map improvements and enable the best application of technology solutions to accrue and deliver such improvements and efficiencies.
· identify and recognise barriers to project progress (new and current) and completion of milestones and deliverables, ensuring remedial action is implemented with reference to the relevant internal and/or external stakeholders;
· ensure that all relevant staff (both permanent and subcontractors where appropriate) are aware of their commitments in relation to the project plans and to assist them to ensure that all objectives are met on time;
· lead and coordinate in partnership with relevant stakeholders the implementation and ongoing development of their targets under the e- government directives and the Digital Transformation Strategy;
· manage in partnership with relevant stakeholders ICT actions related to all matters arising from the Software Help Desk and service level delivery;
· manage in partnership with the Business Manager the production of inputs into the Corporate and Operational plans and the subsequent delivery of all team goals and objectives associated with the implementation and delivery of these plans;
· manage in partnership with relevant stakeholders a continuous process to review, improve and communicate ICT strategy, operational and implementation targets, policies and practices such that these at all times reflect business needs and requirements;
· lead an ICT continuous improvement project contributing to ISO9000, ISO20000, or ISO27001. (or component thereof) and coordinate in partnership with relevant stakeholders the implementation and ongoing development of ICT programmes of work and continuous improvement to meet their obligations;
· contribute fully to the range of ICT services, to maximise systems and application availability;
· prepare and provide statistical information and reports as required to the management and external agencies and where necessary, giving advice and making recommendations as appropriate on any actions required;
· maintain and develop the core software services infrastructure including software environments, tools, technical and business.
· act as deputy for the Business Manager as may be required to ensure all internal and external functions are managed, by acting as a consultant
Key people management responsibilities
The Business Improvement Executive will directly manage staff depending on the type, nature and requirements of the projects to be undertaken. He or she will:
The post-holder will:
· co-ordinate and monitor the output and work of others in relation to work within and outside the business unit;
· communicate clearly Corporate, Operational, Team, Section and individual objectives and contribute to the performance of staff within the Business Unit; and,
· have due regard at all times for the health and safety of self and others within the relevant section, team, Business Unit and organisation in general.
Key financial management responsibilities
· The post holder will support and be accountable to the Business Manager for aspects of budgetary planning and control for approximately £100,000 per annum (pro rate).
Please ensure information on the following essential criteria are included in
· Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related discipline.
· 4 years’ managing projects in corporate software development environment
· 3 years’ experience of leading significant and successful ICT Projects in a no fail environment
· Experience of initiating, leading and implementing ICT enabled business improvement using key business analysis, process mapping and project management tools and techniques
· Experience of leading and supporting developers within a quality environment
· Experience of delivering and integrating software solutions across diverse software environments and technologies
· Experience of delivering solutions in an Agile software development environment
· Ability to lead and motivate people
· Excellent analytical, problem solving and presentation skills
If you are interested in this position, or would like more information, please contact Task Recruitment Agency on 02890 421047 or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Company
Please note the Job Reference when applying