About the Role
Purpose of Position:
Ensure safe, continuous and efficient running of site operations, plant equipment and all associated assets through scheduled routines.
1. Responsible for the maintenance of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) covering all assets on site.
2. Overseeing maintenance contracts (i.e. Air compressors, Deionised Water plant and Effluent Plant etc), including scheduling any inspections with third party contractors.
3. Responsible for repair/testing and records relating to site pressure containers, associated equipment ( hoses etc)
4. Supervision of contractors when on site (via Permit to Work procedures).
5. Carry out minor site equipment repairs to plant and equipment, pumps etc
6. Support site operators and Operations Manager with regular site safety checks and calibrations in line with routine planned maintenance.
7. Manage and monitor the effluent treatment facility within the site consent limit.
8. Responsibility for general buildings and site maintenance.
9. Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
10. Deputise for plant production personnel when required
11. Due to the operational requirements of the site - role may feature elements of on call and emergency callout response by exception i.e. customer requirement, ship cargo deliveries,
Health & Safety:
Comply and promote all statutory and company safety policies and instigate work practices, which results in a safe and healthy workplace.
Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Third Party Contractors, Suppliers, Hauliers, Depot Colleagues, Site management
Experience / Knowledge:
1. Chemical industry background on a COMAH facility- Preferred
2. Experience in working in a Safety Driven environment – Essential
3. Experience of utilising a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS). Note Brenntag operates SHIRE System for the management of maintenance activities.
4. Experience in liquid process engineering in a manufacturing environment
5. Working knowledge of key regulations such as Health and Safety at Work Act, COMAH, PUWER, LOLER, Electricity at Work and Confined Space Working
Personal Skills & Attributes:
1. The ability to prioritise Safety above all other factors
2. Demonstrate focus, application and work ethic during day-to-day operations timetable
3. Prioritise and monitor own workload
4. Work within a fast paced, busy environment
5. Articulate, numerate and logical
6. Problem solving abilities - operational flexibility
7. Strong Attention to detail
8. Communicate well with all interfaces and relationships at all levels
1. HND/NVQ Equivalent - Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
2. Experience in similar role, experience in liquid process engineering
About the Company
If you would like to apply for this role, send us your CV via the link provided or if you would like to discuss this position, please contact our office to speak to one of our consultants at
Task Recruitment on 02890 421047 or 07812 01746
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Please note the Job Reference when applying